Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bye bye Brno!

Well this is pretty much it.  I am hours away from departing Brno for Vienna, and 2 days away from returning to the states.

Last week I used the bulk of my remaining vacation time to travel to Venice where I stayed with Federico.  Overall it was a great time full of relaxation and walking around.  I will discuss this later as I have a metric ton of photos to review.

On Monday I learned from work that I still had vacation after my trip to Italy, meaning my work would end Tuesday afternoon at noon.  I spent most of Monday going through my files and preparing to transfer all of my work to my colleagues.   The last couple of hours were spent in the sim preparing scenarios for an evaluation.  For dinner my co-workers in the Human-Centered Systems division met for dinner.

Yesterday I finished everything at work and left after lunch.  Set my bank account up to close after my last paycheck is issued and to transfer the money back to the states.

This morning I went to the grocery store to recycle the rest of my beer bottles and buy some snacks for the road.

I do not know what else to say.  I've been ready to leave, but its just strange to close the door on this experience now.  I also don't know what to expect when I get back to the states.


No comments:

Post a Comment