Friday, January 31, 2014

Well I can't sleep, sooo.....

What a final week in Daytona before I leave for Brno!  Last weekend I was finally provided the opportunity to evangelize people into the world of sports car endurance racing at the Rolex 24 hour race.  It appears to have been a success.  I attended with my friends Sarah, Mike, Alina and Angelina.

 Somewhere around midnight at the Rolex 24.

Panoz LMP900 Spyder.  I know more people who like this stuff now!

Yesterday afternoon I was more or less abducted from my desk in the Human Factors department to celebrate my departure in St. Augustine, FL.  Wine tasting, museum going, dining and general mulling about were on the agenda; about as good as it gets for a drizzly "winter" day in Florida.

This says it all.  Great photo.

I feel so fortunate to have built these friendships during my time in graduate school.  Through all the stress and chaos, we have taken on the roles of:  Friday night party sponsor, a sounding board to air grievances, spotter for conducting feats of strength, Greek chorus, gourmet chef, boat captain, meme generator, lunch partner, bullshit police officer, experiment subject and many more I can't think of at the moment (I think at some point we studied).  Though we've all contributed to our collective friendship, I can't help but feel that I've "cashed in" more than I've "deposited."  It makes me wonder what I'm doing right.


Next post I'll talk about my prep for the trip I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment