Sunday, February 2, 2014

Alive and Well in Wien

After uneventful flights, a train ride and a ride on the Vienna underground, I have arrived at the Sonnweber residence near the center of Vienna.  I finally met our foreign exchange student Tobias' family, Benedikt, Elisabeth, Elisabeth (with her 3 boys), and Christian.  After meeting and chatting, Tobias and I walked around the Stephansplatz square and saw the Stephansdom Cathedral, Austrian Parliament, the city hall, and several monuments I cannot remember.  Point is - Vienna is beautiful, historic, and accessible.  After the tour we had a lovely meal of venison with carrots, potatoes, and lasagna (that I wish I had more room for) that was wonderful.  Desert was chocolate pieces and sparkling wine.  All in all, I had a great time despite my compromised state of mind.  I wish I could spend more time here, but I must keep moving so I can check into my residence and complete visa paperwork in Brno; but I intend to return to visit my European family as soon as practical.  Benedikt is taking me to the train station in about 10minutes to go to Brno.  Pictures forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment